Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Trying desperately to find the fuel pump relay location on

Hi. Trying desperately to find the fuel pump relay location on my 1996 e320. It is not under my back seat where many have told me. Can you please help?

Here is the only diagram I can find. The relay is labeled k40/k1. I hope this helps...there is not a lot of info available on this vehicle.

If you can't tell from the picture, this is directly beside the battery.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. It is definitely not beside my battery.

Ok, I am very sorry. I am going to opt out and hopefully another expert can help you out.

The relay is on the end of the fuse box that is under the back seat near the battery. This is the only location I can find.

Hello my name is***** Benz tech of 16 years. I can help you out. Please post me your vin also what is the problem with the car that you are looking for the fuel pump relay ?

If no further questions then please accept answer and rate me with 5 stars. Thanks.

If you have no further questions then please put in a positive rating for me. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Someone must have removed the fuel pump relay because it is not next to my battery with the fuses. Thank you though.

Hi Im David, Here is what i have. not sure if you already looked.

were you able to find it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No sir. Someone must have removed or bypassed it. It's not under my back seat like everyone tells me.

wow, weird. sorry no one was able to help..

sir if you post me your vin i can tell you where the fuel pump relay is located. Lou P.

or if you tell me the issue with the car i can assist in diagnosis.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Lou. Here is my vin#
WDBJF55F1TJ020073

thank you sir, let me see what i can do to help.

ok, just as i thought, the year you have the fuel pump relay is internal to the K40 relay module on the passenger side of the engine bay inside the big plastic housing. when you open it up you will see a small fuse box, that is the relay module, the relays are internal. ill send over some diagrams. just please do not forget to rate my service as that is the only way i get compensated for helping. and ill do what i can to help. Lou P.

Here are all the documents., hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience: 15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.