MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My 2003 sl500 the key fob will not open doors or turn in the

Customer Question

My 2003 sl500 the key fob will not open doors or turn in the ignition sometimes the hazards will go on and wont turn off. Once I'm able to start the car all these warning signs start blinking in dash ding ding ding and steering wheel starts going up and down headlights on and off the seat goes back and forth and then everything's fine there were times when the car would start but it wouldn't go in gear sporadically I'll get it ABC visit Workshop speedtronic visit Workshop brake light switch in red then the brake lights would stay on the cluster says remove key but there's no key in there in red Transmission in neutral which was in park
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had any fault codes checked/read out at all with a fully compatible scan tool or dealers sds machine at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Has anything after market been installed like a remote start or alarm system?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.