Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I feel my brake pedal is too hgh for my foot. I was able to

Customer Question
Hi . I feel my...
Hi . I feel my brake pedal is too hgh for my foot. I was able to do it comfortably n toyota. Now i swiatched to benz c 300, i found the brake is to high. i feel the strain everytime i breal.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
11/16/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what year is the c300?

when you step on the brake pedal does it feel hard? like stepping on a brick?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2016, No.. Its jus that i feel the height of brake is higher than normal Will i be able to adjust the same

You need to know where the brake push rod is before you can adjust the height of the brake pedal. At the right side of the brake pedal is a rod that is connected to the brake pad level through the floor of your car into the engine.Using a wrench, remove the closest nut that connects the brake pedal and the push rod. Using a pair of pliers, twist the push rod clockwise to increase the height of the brake pedal; if you need to lower the brake pedal you can do it by twisting the push rod counter clockwise. The last step is to tighten the nut that you removed in step 3. Make sure that the lock nut is locked tight.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can that be done in Mercedes benz c 300. I contacted my dealer . He mentioned we cant do in Mercedes?

not sure about the newer ones but the older benz's were adjustable, but thats going way back.

ill opt out and see if any other tech has a better idea. you may just have to deal with it.

Mercedes Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 12 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer.. Do you still requier help with your brake pedal?

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Master tech of 45 yrs. I know that Mercedes and other manufacturers don't have or endorse modified brake pedals , but what you can get is modified eat track extensions which are destined for tall people with long leg reaches. These are designed to bolt onto your existing seat tracks to give you more leg room. If your interested in that I may be able to find the company or place you may get them.

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician