Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

The trunk want open a bag stuck in lock area on slk230 2002,

Customer Question
the trunk want open a...
the trunk want open a bag stuck in lock area on slk230 2002
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: can't get the key to unlock at all
JA: Are you fixing your SLK230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we trying to see if the top would go up or down want because the cover is back I thought to un hook batter that might help not sure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it the car is in ca
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
11/15/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

if you can start removing the panels as shown in this guide, you can then access the boot area

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Mercedes-SLK230/07-BODY-Trunk_Panel_Removal/07-BODY-Trunk_Panel_Removal.htm

if this doesn't help then you can try shorting pins as shown on this guide

about 2/3 of the way down....good pics of the CCM and how to locate and tap the various pins

http://mai.smartneighborhood.net/slkmods/bvrc/bvrcinst.shtml

to ground to try and get the roof to start to open so you can hopefully reach in through the gap to remove the bag

Matt, Engineer