Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

The battery of my 1997 500 s is going dead, it has a new

Customer Question
mercedez battery in it, my...
the battery of my 1997 500 s is going dead, it has a new mercedez battery in it, my mechanic cant find the problem,he says theres a 2 amp draw on it from some where
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: its been tested by a battery specialist ,and its good
JA: What is the model of your '97 Mercedes?
Customer: 500 s
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its been in the mercedez shop for a week they replaced the alternator but i still have the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the battery is new and the alternator is new, how do you find the problem and fix it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
11/10/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you today. I would recommend a phone call from the mechanic to me so I can walk him through the special battery draw diagnostic procedure I use to repair these issues. Here is a document that he will need him to use when I discuss the procedure with him on the phone.

Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield