Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have aSLK and the BAS ESP Light comes on when I hit the

Customer Question
I have a(###) ###-####SLK and...
I have a(###) ###-####SLK and the BAS ESP Light comes on when I hit the brake. I have changed the brake switch and done the wheel turn thing. I don't see any codes when I plug the diagnostic computer in
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
11/5/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician

Are you using a basic hand scanner for OBD faults? If so, they typically only read engine OBD faults and nothing associated with BAS/ESP system. If the malfunction light is on, there most definitely is a fault some where.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is my only recourse the dealership?

If the only access you have is to a basic OBD scanner, then a shop (not necessarily a dealer) will have to at least pull fault codes for you.

If you have a shop pull fault codes for you, I can assist you in the diagnostic.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I will head to my shop on Tuesday, and see what they can do. I will need to stop on the way and sell a Kidney.Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I cannot get to them until Tuesday Morning, So I guess this is on hold until I find out more information.Thanks

Yes, I'll be available all week. Good luck!

Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield