Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a w124 230e with m102 engine, After having replace

Customer Question

I have a w124 230e with m102 engine, After having replace the injectors I seem to be vapourising a lot of gas through the filler cap so much so that i can see the vapours in the rear view mirror, Can you help, in case you need the vin it is w1240232B448151
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No runs fine, though has trouble on the firs start of the day
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mercedes 230e M102 engine may be 1990
JA: What year is your 230E?
Customer: 8 valve engine
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, but have the help of a grease monkey, i have many suggestions form the mercedes club back here in Bangalore in India, but plan to work on it on sunday
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I see the previous owner seems to messes up with the vaccum hoses and apprentely the charcoal canister in the return fuel line has been disconnected
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** first thing you should do is a fuel mixture adjustment. Click on the attachment below for the procedure. It's also possible that your fuel distributor is faulty. I'd try the mixture adjustment first. Also make sure that the overvoltage protection relay is good. The relay powers the engine management system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.landiss.com/mixture.htm