Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I can not get the windshield wipers to operate and the SRS

Customer Question

I can not get the windshield wipers to operate and the SRS light comes on. and the roll bar indicator keeps coming on and off and makes a sound like the tops is trying to open
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: I am not sure about the seat belt switch and where it is
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2005 Sl 500
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not fixing it I am not qualified, I may have to have it diagnosed at the deanship
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a valve gasket on the head replaced, and shortly after that I started to get all of these problems, do I need to have the car computer reset
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this occurred after the valve cover gasket was replaced I would have the repairs that were done re checked to see if any wiring was found to be bumped loose or damaged causing this issue here in the area of the repair.

If this is o.k. then the fault codes will have to be read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and correct this issue here.In some cases this may be a fault in the angle sensor in the steering column needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete