Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My car could be in park, but push the gas penal you dont

Customer Question

my car could be in park, but push the gas penal you dont hear and gas pumping?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: its start up but pump gas it not given gas when its park, or it goes five mile thst it
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2003 mercedes bez c 230 kompressor
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fix my self
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just know whati need
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just know whst i need to fix the car i just brought of the own , i want get on the road to work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are saying here that the car starts but does not accelerate when the gas pedal is pressed this can be due to a fault with a faulty accelerator pedal sensor at the gas pedal itself.This can fail commonly internally needing the entire pedal assembly replaced.If this has not been checked this needs done.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or dealers sds machine to see if any codes are set related to this fault here as well as the scan tool used to monitor the pedal sensor signals.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete