Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Changed radio and can't get the code working

Customer Question

changed radio and can't get the code working
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** you post the serial number from the back of the radio? What code are you using for the radio?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm going to get it but we've done everything up to the point of inputting the code we just need to know what to do after code-wait-code what next?
Can you just give me a list of the steps and button sequence please? I don't have good computer access and need this offline.
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Okay, the radio must say CODE on the display before you can enter the code. Input the 5 digit code the press the button below OK if the radio shows OK at the bottom of the screen. If the radio does not say OK at the bottom of the screen just press the SEEK or SCAN button to accept the code.

Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you get it working.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did code and it just says WAIT after pressing seek or can button to accept. I waited and nothing happened hours later.
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

I need the serial number of the radio and the code you are using.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you I will get back to you ASAP. is this a 24-hour service?
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

Ok, It's nearly 9PM my time. I will be turning in for the night very soon. I will reply back in the morning when I look up your code in the database.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the serial number is ***** and the code is 41624 for my Mercedes ML320 1999.
Okay
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Vin number is: 4JGAB54E7WA045291
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

It looks like you only gave me part of the serial number. The complete serial number is ***** longer number. It should be stamped onto the radio chassis.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
PA9611V0102835
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

The correct radio code is 51134.

Let me know if you get it going.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All that shows up is "wait" unplugged and restarted it but I can't enter the code you gave me now
Expert:  Marty replied 8 months ago.

You need to leave the key turned on to the first click and leave the radio turned on until WAIT changes to CODE then you can enter the code. It can take as much as 24 hours for the radio to reset but will usually reset within a couple of hours. In extreme cases you will need to connect a trickle charger to the battery while waiting for the radio to reset.

Let me know how it goes.

Marty