Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2006 Mercedes-Benz R500,, My drivers and passengers doors

Customer Question

2006 Mercedes-Benz R500,, My drivers and passengers doors unlatched while driving, the drivers door closed but the passenger door won't close. The latch mechanism is in the correct position. How do you fix the proplem?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a fault with the door latches themselves.I have seen some of these latches fail or act up to where they either lock in place and you cannot open the doors or that they will not latch at all causing this issue.I would have the latches inspected for any issues and if any issues are found the latches will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete