Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

The radio has no sound I changed amplifiers still no sound

Customer Question

the radio has no sound I changed amplifiers still no sound how do I troubleshoot this problem
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car the model number is ***** 4910
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2000 ML320
JA: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I was told the the amplifier was bad so I changed it still no sound so now Im thinking it could be the radio
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

You are right its the radio. Also would be good to check all the fuses. Make sure the amp is getting power and ground. If the fuse for the amp is blown it could also cause this problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks