Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My e500 get stuck in park i changed a part that the seller

Customer Question
told me was defective and...
My e500 get stuck in park i changed a part that the seller told me was defective and it runs...howeeer whenever it fets on a car wash belt ir get stuck again with messages in abs and esp faulty...after a day it resumes normal iperation
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: It says keft vrakw faulty and i gear this coyld cause the issue ..i bought a bukb bt my mehanuc says the vrake lamp wieks abd i saw all three vrake lamos work...i also gave rhe battery tested...
JA: What year is your E500?
Customer: 03...i meant left brake lamp
JA: Are you fixing your E500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No ... I gave a mechanic replace a pretty expensive part $500 hat the seller sold me and said it was the source of the problem...bur my mechanicssays ge dies nor want to diagnose electronics...jusr stay out of car wash with a automatic trail moving the car...which I found a bad respinse
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/31/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

I'd nextcheck all the electrical connections of the gearbox, remove each connector in turn and spray with contact cleaner. Check that the wiring to the gearbox is in good condition with no chafing or frayed wire

If this is OK then check the selector lever linkage / cable under the car for any broken parts and or missing bolts as if this is coming adrift then it can rub on the car body or just bind up

Matt, Engineer