Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

I have a 06 cls 500 and the driver side air suspension is

Customer Question

I have a 06 cls 500 and the driver side air suspension is lower than passenger side and I was recently driving it and it said stop! Car to low
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This fault here is usually due to a faulty shock on the drivers side.I have seen several of these fail before in the past that cause the level difference and also cause the stop warning message to alert you that the car can be to low to drive.If driven with a low shock like this here the actual tire can rub on the fender and damage the fender and tire quickly.

The shock needs checked to see if it is leaking or failed electronically/mechanically needing replaced for this fault here.I suspect the drivers side will need replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete