Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

High speed light at front and slight weave, e55 amg high

Customer Question
high speed light at front...
high speed light at front and slight weave
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: e55 amg high speed light at front and unstable -fix
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just sports adjustment sport 2 hardest setting the car has a eurocharge kit plus 100kw= 450 kw heaps of power very loose under hard acceleration at 200kmph
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
10/26/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

The first thing I'd do is check the tyre pressures on all tyres are up to the maximum shown on the door jamb sticker and if OK then take the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other.

it also worth checking for a tyre defect - any cracks or bulges on the side-wall of the tyre (inside and outside) these will throw the tyre out of shape and produce vibration - take a good look over the tyre sidewalls and bear in mind that anything that looks suspect when static will probably be ballooning out and far worse at speed so if any doubt then replace the tyre. Also check if the tyres have been fitted the right way round as some types are directional

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Matt, Engineer