Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I replaced my fuel pump and sender and my gas mileage is

Customer Question
reading wrong JA: When did you...
I replaced my fuel pump and sender and my gas mileage is reading wrong
JA: When did you last clean or replace your air filter? And are the oxygen sensors in good working order?
Customer: I am not sure. I took to firestone and they said pump was bad so they replace it. Then i noticed my gas was not reading correctly. So the warranty caused for Mercedes to fix it. They supposedly fixed but its still reading wrong
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2006 r 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So I took it to Mercedes 3 weeks ago and they said the pump and sender was faulty.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mercedes replaced it and its still not working. They are trying to charge me again for something else
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
10/25/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** of the time this will reset once the computer learns the new fuel level position sensor. You need to refill the fuel tank to full about 4-5 times after the tank gets to about 1/4 tank and that should allow the computer to relearn the new sensor. At that time the readout should be correct. If you need more help please let me know.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician