Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2002 MBZ CL55 Trunk closed on luggage causing stuck trunk

Customer Question

2002 MBZ CL55
Trunk closed on luggage causing stuck trunk lid in closed position and resulting in 3 reported malfunctions - license plate L, R and third brake light. Rams try to lift on passenger side but center appears tightly secured.
Attempts to open with fob, driver's door control and the metal key in the fob without success.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With an issue like this here try pushing down and pulling up back and forth on the trunk lid while trying to release it to see if it releases and operates then.If this does not work this will most likely take a lock smith to open this with their tools and in some cases the lock cylinder has to be drilled out to manually release the latch then the cylinder replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete