Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Compressor clutch won't engage, scanner indicate fresh air

Customer Question

Compressor clutch won't engage, scanner indicate fresh air intake won't open
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: None
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: C230 compressor, gas pressure probably low was the alternate result but mechanic says gas is pesent
JA: What year is your C230?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Seen mechanic, first top up gas then it works after a week compressor will engage irrationally at its own time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Flapping sound inside the dash board with varying fan blowing speed
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the compressor worked for a week after it was recharged you need to take it back to the mechanic and have him recheck the refrigerant charge. It sounds like you have a leak in the system. When the refrigerant leaks out it causes the low pressure switch to turn off the compressor. The mechanic should also scan the climate control system for fault codes. There will be fault codes stored in the system that indicate why the compressor will not engage. Most likely there will be low refrigerant pressure codes. Your flapping noise is caused by bro***** *****nkage to one of the air flaps in the dash. He will need to determine which flap is making the noise and replace the linkage on the actuator motor for that particular air flap.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.