Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

2004 SL55 AMG top does not goes down, trunk open at driver

Customer Question

2004 SL55 AMG top does not goes down, trunk open at driver side about 1.5" and just stay there, the pasenger side does not open at all
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: spray at what ???
JA: What is the model of your '04 Mercedes?
Customer: sl55 amg
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have tried not a think
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: why the top its not opening
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The roof on this model here uses micro switches/sensors that send signals on what position the roof is in and roof components.What usually occurs is one or more of these micro switches fail to send the correct signal on what position the roof is in and causes this fault.The fault codes need checked in the roof computer using a scan tool that can plug into your model and read the roof computer as well as the micro sensor signals checked to help locate one that is faulty needing replaced.This is a common fault unfortunately with one or more of these failing needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete