Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. troubleshooting, diag. electrical, collision
2947720

Some sort of harmonic vibration when i accelerate when

Customer Question

Some sort of harmonic vibration when i accelerate when turning right or going straight ahead. If i am easy into the turn or easy accelerating, there is no vibration. Making a left turn there is no vibration. Had a bad ball joint replaced, but this did not fix it.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 2007 c230 sport 166,000 miles. no symtoms of transmission problems such as slipping, etc.
JA: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Mechanics replaced a bad ball joint on the driver's side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That can very well be a bad wheel bearing. One way to see is to jack up the vehicle and listen to the back of the hubs with a stethoscope, (or a long pipe) while the wheels are turning, (with engine running).

.

Another is to see if the sound changes when you turn into and away from it. A bad bearing on the right side, (front) will be louder when turned to the left, (while moving) and subside when turned to the right. Visa versa for the left side.

.

.

If so then the (left front) wheel bearings would have to be replaced.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks