Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

Mold behind speedometer glass can glass (plastic) be removed

Customer Question

Mold behind speedometer glass can glass (plastic) be removed for cleaning ?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 12 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Yes, the glass can be removed, but it is very risky. The plastic is normally glued on the instrument cluster and can tend to crack or snap, even if removed in the most cautious, gentle way. I would assume that if you have some mold behind it, there is a good chance that the plastic has been exposed to the elements to some degree, which would in my opinion make it more likely to be brittle. My suggestion would be to try and take it off (gently prying) but be prepared to replace it due to the likelihood of it cracking during removal. Good luck!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks I'll try!(careful is'nt my middle name !)--no sledgehammer ?

I would advise against the sledge hammer:-)

Please remember to take a moment and rate my service. Thank you!

Hi, I noticed that you have not yet rated my answer and I would like to remind you to please take a moment to do so. Thanks!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
U did good --my F.U.! What looks like mold some one (not me)used something on plastic--how to make it clear? Head light restorer? Other ideas?
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 11 months ago.

ha ha ha, not a problem, i try to remind folks when needed. Headlight restorer is a great thing to use, but if its on the inside, it can be difficult. Make sure that you let it dry if you go that route before you install it back.

Have you had a chance to try that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We're O.K. thanks

Great, no problem. Thanks for your question. have a great day?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
O.K. thanks

Hi, it's Josh again reminding you to please take a moment to rate my answer using the stars above this message board. this is the only way that we are graded as experts. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We're done thanks!

Hi, this is Josh one more time. I see that this answer has not yet been rated. If you were not satisfied with my answer, I am happy to try and elaborate or offer other information if you need it, but if you were, please take a moment to rate the answer. If you need help doing this, please let me know and I will be glad to assist. Thank you