Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 1998 ml320 the car stock in a year when my

Customer Question

I have a 1998 ml320 the car stock in a year when my stepgfather gave that car to me i bought a new battery is drain when i start cranck only dont want to start do uou think what is thr problem of that car..
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

lets start here

1- can you put a voltmeter on battery ,do you have 12 volts ?

2- check the battery cables for corrosion or being loose ?

3- how old is the battery u bought new?

4- explain more about drain , is it slow to turn engine u mean ?

5- with one person turn key to start and one person measuring at battery at that moment is the battery holding the 12 volts ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im very sorry english is not my first language..and im in work sorry for that ,, when the car gave to it is stock for a year and the battery us dead so i bought a new battery when i started to start the car thr engine crank only dont want to start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a new battery

hey rommel

that is no problem i understand

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

so with new battery the car cranks over now but no start

let do this below procedure

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire ax an extension if cables dont reach

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I follow what nut its the engine start but stop immediately i think the best way is to call you tomorrow.. thanks
Ok sounds good , just reply back here when you ready for a call & tell me what time is good for you and we set it up today
Chad
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 12 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician