Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I need the radio code for a 2001 E430 Mercedes Benz.

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if you give me your vin number i can get you the last code that is in the mercedes system, in rare cases i will also need the serial number off the radio , so if you have that , that would be the best but not necessary at this point. so get me your vin and ill get you the code in the mercedes system. Lou P.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Lou,Here is the VIN#: WDBJF70J91B195265Thanks,Eric

ok Eric sorry for the delay, been a very busy monday morning i am getting the code now.

well Eric this is a rare scenario, there is NO radio code stored in the mercedes system for your car, we will need to pull the radio out to get the serial number off the side of the case for the code. i can use that serial number to pull up a code.

do you know how to pull the radio out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not know how to pull the radio out. Sounds like I will have to take the car to an auto shop for this to be done.

actually its super easy, you buy the radio tool keys and they slip into the slots on the bottom corner of the radio and the radio will just slip out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where can I purchase the tool key and how much does it cost?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well, I really was hoping that this would be an easy fix with just getting the radio code. It turns out it's not that simple, so I am a little disappointed.

well dont be disappointed with me, this is not my or your fault, the original radio code was never stored in the mercedes system. i am the one trying to help you and save you the hassle of going to a dealer.

9/10 times the radio code is in the system and works , every once in awhile a radio was changed and the code not updated in the system. then rarely like your car , the code was never stored in the system.