Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2002 Mercedes C 240 after putting a new Battery in

Customer Question
it, it will not start...
I have a 2002 Mercedes C 240 after putting a new Battery in it, it will not start. It turns over great. But it will not fire up
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
10/8/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

1st thing to try is a full reset by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

Matt, Engineer