rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2011 GL450. When I turn off the car, the front

Customer Question

I have a 2011 GL450. When I turn off the car, the front suspension system bottom out. When I start the car, it raised back up again. I checked for leak with soap water but did not find any on both the bags and the lines. Then I replaced the air suspension valve with factory part but the problem still persist. Previously there was a leak on the Front Driver side bag but I replaced the whole assembly and it was fine, but now the whole front drops. Any help in diagnosing the problem is appreciated. Thank you!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

The test with soap and water can't find your leak. You need to attach a smoke machine to the air lines and this will find it.When you see the smoke escaping, you found the leak. It's working electrically or it wouldn't pump back up.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried that and still did not find the leak.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Okay, then attach your scan tool and go to the body module to do bidirectional tests. This will show you what sensors/switches are being activated and de-activated.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this ;link in case you need me again later on.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did everything and left it overnight and now only the passenger side and one of the rear sag on the down. What could be the cause for this?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

You're missing something, with the information I gave you so far, this issue should have been found by now. I'm not sure what went wrong or got missed, but I suggested scan testing and smoke machine testing and one of those tests would have revealed the issue.

I don't know what tools you have used or your skill level, and I sure hope this doesn't affect my 5 star rating. I told you valid truthful information.

Thanks, Ron