Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My reduce light is coming on, Well its the indicator light

Customer Question

My reduce light is coming on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Well its the indicator light that is coming on,...and it makes an alarn sound,...the light says Reduce Oil
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2000 Mercedes E320
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well it was fine, until u got my oil changed,...I didn't have any issue with that light befimmm
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** warning is telling you that the oil level is too high. The shop probably added a little too much oil. You should take the car back to the shop and have them correct the oil level.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok,...but I went today,..and they checked the oil level, and the Oil Stick, indicated that it wasn't over,...it showed that it was where it suppose to be,....So even if it shows that it is where it suppose to be on the Stick, can it still be to much oil in there I'm wondering?.....Is the Oil stick indicator correct or precise? ....or not?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I would have them remove about 1/2 quart of oil. The oil level sensor can be overly sensitive. The can probably get the light to turn off by removing a small amount of oil. The oil level should be checked after letting the car sit for 30 minutes in order to get an accurate reading.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service 5 Stars in order for the website to credit me for helping you.