Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I received a check engine light on my mercedes benz e420,

Customer Question
1994 JA: Does the light stay...
I received a check engine light on my mercedes benz e420, 1994
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on
JA: Are you fixing your E420 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I saw that the oil is a bit low, so I was going to pour some oil.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I guess that is it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
9/27/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

In order for you to get more information, you need to attach a scan tool to the computer and get those codes out. This will give you more direction where we have to go next.

Thanks, Ron

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor