Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Havnt driven my 2009 e350 in a month,had to jump start

Customer Question
,command center mesage device noy...
havnt driven my 2009 e350 in a month,had to jump start ,command center mesage device noy avaible .how do i restore all my stations to
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: jumpstarted a driven it for ab
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just jump started drove it for a hr and now it runs and starts fine except for message on command center,nav, cd all works fine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thts it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
9/25/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What usually happens is low voltage codes will set in several computers in your vehicle when the battery becomes weak or dead.In most cases driving the vehicle for an hour or more and turning it off to reset for about 20 minutes then driving again will reset this message but in some cases what has to be done that I have seen and had to do is to clear out the low voltage fault codes with a scan tool fully compatible with your model that will plug in and communicate with all computers.In some cases the fault will not reset itself and the codes need cleared out with this scan tool or a dealers sds machine.

If any codes come right back when this is done then that code needs diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.You might also try to scroll through the menu on the instrument cluster to see if it turns off the message then on a restart as sometimes all that is needed is to scroll through the menu.

But if it does not reset then you will need the codes read out and cleared to resolve this here.Or further driving until all computers see no low voltage exists anymore.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic