Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

02 s430 mercedes climate control will not turn on. I

Customer Question
replaced the battery and when...
02 s430 mercedes climate control will not turn on. I replaced the battery and when i installed the battery the positive terminal sparked. When i went to turn on the ac later, no power. I checked ALL the fuses and relays in 3 places of the car and all were ok. Is there another fuse box im missing? I checked the 2 under the hood and the one under the rear passenger seat. I also replaced the climate control unit thinking I may have blown it. Please help.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it wont power up at all
JA: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Checked all fuses and relays
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 3 days by:
9/26/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

fuse 23 is for the ac control panel, if the fuse is not blown and you have verified power at the fuse then we need to remove the ac panel and check for power and ground at the connection. also remove that fuse and reinsert it maybe it will reset the control unit. i can help you get this fixed. Lou P.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician