Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2006 MB 350SLK. My Battery is dead on the car. So

Customer Question

I have a 2006 MB 350SLK. My Battery is dead on the car. So the keyfob isn't working. I pulled the mechanic key out of the fob, but is not working.
Any suggestions or tricks to unlock the door
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Sue in order to unlock the drivers door you need to insert the metal key and turn it counterclockwise to unlock it, does the key turn either way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The key turns both ways but it is not releasing the door lock

ok, how far does it turn to the left?

also lets try the trunk, insert the key into the trunk lock and turn it to the left to 11 oclock and hold it there, then pull the release handle while the key is at 11 oclock and we should be able to get into the trunk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can unlock the trunk with the key

ok so far so good, MAYBE we can jump power to the rear fuse box to unlock the doors.

it sound like the lock cylinder in the door is broken and just spinning.

ok so we only have 2 options, without breaking into the car at least.

1- access the rear fuse box and put a jumper cable on the power wire which will allow power to get to all the modules so we can use the remote to unlock the door

2- jack up the car and access the alternator from underneath and use jumper cables on the power post to do the same as the rear fuse box.

neither are that simple, so i dont know how much you want to dive into this or if you just want to have it towed to a shop to have them do this. let me know what you want to do , i will help either way, Lou P