Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My 2004 Mercedes s430 used to be parked under a tree at my

Customer Question
prior residence last winter...
My 2004 Mercedes s430 used to be parked under a tree at my prior residence last winter. Long story short o never cleaned up any of the leaves that but up around the hood and everywhere basically. The damage done is my front Sam module (drivers side) and my rear under the seat Sam module Need to be replaced. I wanted to order the parts and I understand that if you match the part numbers whatever that means they won't have to be programmed?
JA: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I'm not I have had it looked at it needed an alternator to I got that done but my modules need replacing and k was trying to order them elsewhere to save on cost and if they don't have to be programmed I have someone who can do it without it going to the shop.
JA: Have you done a battery test? Has there been any change in headlight brightness?
Customer: My battery is okay I was told its new
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
9/20/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** is correct. If you order a used SAM with the same part number there is no programming necessary. The part number is ***** to be found on the label of each of the SAM units. You can almost always find these used on eBay. I'd also check your local salvage yards. The prices at the local yards are usually less than you see on ebay.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician