Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I HAVE A 1994 MERCEDES 500SL i KNOW ONE OF MY HYDRAULICS IS

Customer Question

i HAVE A 1994 MERCEDES 500SL i KNOW ONE OF MY HYDRAULICS IS LEAKING BUT THIS WEEKEND THE HYDRAULIC PUMP STOP WORKING NO NOISE AT ALL COMING FROM IT i CHECKED AL THE FUSES AND ALL ARE GOOD COULD IT BE THE 50 AMP RELAY OR THE SWITCH THAT OPERATES THE TOP OR WORSE THE PUMP i FILLED IT WITH NEW FLUID BUT STILL NOTHING i WAS GOING TO TALE ALL THE HYDRAULICS THAT OPERATE THE TOP AND SENT THEM ALL OUT FOR NEW SEALS BUT WHY DOES THE PUMP NOT WORK
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** this could be a bad relay or possibly a bad pump. First you should replace fuse 7 in the trunk in case it is making a poor connection at the tips of the fuse. Next you can try another relay or you can bypass the relay to see if the pump works. To bypass the relay you need to remove the relay and insert a fused jumper lead from terminal 30 to 87 in the relay connector. If the pump doesn't run you should verify that there is 12V at your jumper lead. If you have 12V at the jumper and the pump doesn't work you will need to replace the pump. You could also try resetting the top control module by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 30 minutes.

Let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.