sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

The passenger side is low and the driver side very high

Customer Question

The passenger side is low and the driver side very high after a tiring the raising system on my 2008 s550
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: Brand new tires and never any suspension problems
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just pressed the suspension actuator button a couple times but now I get the orange triangle warning light in the dash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If one or both sides are at an incorrect height then odds are you have one or more bad height sensors. The height sensors monitor suspension height and send the signal to the module that controls suspension movement. If it was simply low then a leak,compressor failure, etc could be the issue preventing the system from working at all, but if you have one side that's higher than it should be then most likely the module isn't seeing correct height. You can start with a visual inspection of components, if nothing is seen then a scan tool and electrical testing would be needed to diagnose it further.