Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have an 83 300sd I just bought the odometer rpm are not

Customer Question

I have an 83 300sd I just bought the odometer rpm are not working the speedo is? easiest way to trouble shoot and repair?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: at this point just glared at it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just wondering what resource's are out here that can help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** the speedometer is working but the odometer is not working you will need to have the gears in the odometer replaced. Click here for a source for the gears. If the tachometer is not working you should first replace fuse #12. If that doesn't help the possible problem would be the amplifier for the tach signal or the rpm sensor.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember that you must rate my service in order for the website to credit me for helping you.

Marty

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Horse shit non answer equivalent to how do I make a cheese sandwich and get the answer well get cheese! What a bullshit non answer I was looking for a reference to a manual on line with detailed descriptions on removing instrument cluster from dash, what to look for and how to replace not chikenshit lazy f**k asshole crap. I am now writing a detailed complaint of his horse shit answer on Facebook as I write this, then your sophomoric asshats bill me for an additional $26 to my credit without my permission you can bet I will discus this with Visa on your criminal rip off behavior! you can bet I will tell the next several hundred people I talk to about your stupid answer and ripping me off!
Expert:  Marty replied 10 months ago.

Your original question was extremely vague. If you had explained exactly what you wanted in your original question (minus the expletives) I would have provided you with the detailed instructions for removing and repairing the odometer. I will submit a refund request for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Answer he f-n question or ask one? are you actually knowledgeable or just a dimwit bot! And if you've never heard an expletive you have never worked in a garage!And your additional automatic adding of $26 to my bill mark you right up front for a big FU!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh and I did ask for how to troubleshoot and repair, not its broke!