Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

The radio stopped working and the next day the ac fan is not

Customer Question
working JA: Have you checked the...
The radio stopped working and the next day the ac fan is not working
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No just reading the post above so the ac fuse is under the hood but where is the radio fuse?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 02 c240
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, if I can. Haven't tried anything it just happened
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, there is a rust spot on the top of the car that I believe water is leaking into the car. When it rains hard on the passenger side under the dash get wet and leaks water not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
8/31/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. Fuse 64 in the driver's side fuse box under the hood is for the radio. If the fuse is good you can try removing the fuse for 30 minutes then reinstall the fuse and see if it resets the radio. Fuse 30 in the interior fuse box at the end of the dash is for the blower motor.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician