Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Cooalnt visit workshop, 105, i drove around 4,000 miles the

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. What seems to...
Hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Cooalnt visit workshop
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 105 , i drove around 4,000 miles the last 2 months
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: C280 4matic 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to a mercedes local store and they told change the battery it might be it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It overheats to 100-120
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/26/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog.

.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. The coolant visit workshop warning comes on for 2 reasons. A failed fan module (1 piece with the fan) or actual low coolant. Since you have a temperature issue then I suspect the fan is the culprit. These engines and models do not have radiator issues. If you test the car yourself let me know I can guide you in the right direction. I am an actual Mercedes tech and I can resolve this for you. Lou P. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician