Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

The R350 06 suv had its air suspension system replaced about

Customer Question
10000 miles ago, and now...
the R350 06 suv had its air suspension system replaced about 10000 miles ago, and now needs to be replaced again, what happens if I do not get it replaced other that the car leaning a bit to the drivers side.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
8/26/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. When you say the suspension was replaced and now needs replaced again that is a vague description. Can you tell me what exactly was replace last time and what the issue was and now what the issue is ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Car is leaning to drivers side when it did that before they said they replaced the air suspension system for $1500 and now it is doing the same thing. I called Mercedes and they said that it was no longer under parts warenty so it would cost about the same of a little more.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The suspension system is air system that is supposed to adjust to the load I guess
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why is it only on the drivers side the same side as it was before. What happens if I don't get it fixed other than the car leaning a bit to the drivers side.

Looking over you lt replies now

ok well is the side consistent now as far as it does not lower to the ground even though it may be lower then the rest of the car ? Sometimes the rear will drop which puts more weight on the front and makes it seem that the front is low. Also for 1500$ tells me they did not replace more than one strut. Do you have the old ticket with the part numbers and work details ?

Omg sorry for the spelling lol. My fingers are not co-operating with me this morning

There are issues with the links to the sensors. They corrode and stick and make the car think it's level when it's not.

I have to leave for a bit. I will check back soon. I can help you figure out what to do. These systems are easy to diagnose even if you are not mechanically inclined.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician