Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2007 mercedes gl450. when i bought it. i discovered

Customer Question

i have a 2007 mercedes gl450. when i bought it. i discovered that the radio dosn't play and the gps also dosn't read. because the cd changer was tampered with, i changed it and changed the 7 am fused by the door, waiting 10 minutes and the radio started to play. it always plays for 2 minute and the audio will cut off. since then, each time the car starts, the audio sound comes on for 2 minutes and cut off. i have tried everything in the book and the problem is still the same. does anyone know how to help with this issue
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have a 2007 mercedes gl450. when i bought it. i discovered that the radio dosn't play and the gps also dosn't read. because the cd changer was tampered with, i changed it and changed the 7 am fused by the door, waiting 10 minutes and the radio started to play. it always plays for 2 minute and the audio will cut off. since then, each time the car starts, the audio sound comes on for 2 minutes and cut off. i have tried everything in the book and the problem is still the same. does anyone know how to help with this issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, most times its a software update for this issue, there is nothing we can suggest to try unless you have access to a mercedes scan tool to read the audio codes. since the system does start up and work we cannot check the fiber optics because they apparently work each time the radio is turned on. since we can only check the fiber optic when the radio is first turned on this will not be a reliable test. it sounds to me like something is not coded correctly, so the audio system is not seeing a module that it thinks it should or is seeing a module that it knows shouldnt be there via the coding. so again we are back to a scan tool. i really would love to help but please understand the complexity of the system, without codes or a scan tool to see what is going on then we have no place to start. a lot of my customers buy icarsoft or www.mbstarshop.com. let me know if i can be of more assistance. Lou p.