Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My doors/trunk will not lock with the central locking

Customer Question

My doors/trunk will not lock with the central locking buttons in the car or the key FOB
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes i replaced batteries in FOB I was using and nothing. I tried my spare key and it would not work either
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2005 s430
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I have not tried anything else yet. Someone at work suggested I check my fuses
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok so there is a pump that controls the locks. there is a way we can try and reset it by pulling the fuse for it., ill send over a link with the location of the fuse we need to pull and check and reinsert, if the pump works after reinserting then we may be good for a bit. if not we need to access the pump in the trunk.

FUSE LOCATION its fuse 62

Hello, did you have a chance to check the fuse and see if the locks work after removing and re inserting the fuse?