Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

560sl is hard to start after hot(takes 8-10 cranks) before

Customer Question
firing. have replaced fuel...
560sl is hard to start after hot(takes 8-10 cranks) before firing. have replaced fuel distributor,fuel pressure regulator. accumulator and check valve check out ok , still fuel pressure drops off?
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 170500 mager tune up ,valve and heads 2013
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no as mentioned those are the things tried recently
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
8/3/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, the first thing i would need to know is are we missing fuel or spark. so next time this happens spray some starter fluid into the airflow plate and see if the car starts. if it does then we know we are missing fuel, if not then we need to pull a plug and see if it is wet,. if it is then it can be spark we are missing or the car is flooding when hot. also unplug the cold start injector and see if that affects it as well. i will do what i can to help.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician