Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have an 08 S550 4Matic and my malfunction light came on…

Customer Question
Hi i have an...

Hi i have an 08 S550 4Matic and my malfunction light came on the car went up to max on all 4 wheels and the suspension got very rough and tight the car will not go down

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No & no

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Mercedes Mechanic to figure that out. What year is your S550?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I'm mechanically inclined nothing yet just reading up about it want to make sure I make the right move

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

No nothing I can think of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
7/17/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, thanks for asking before jumping into this, its not a complicated system by no means BUT if you do not know how it operates you can be in for a world of hurt and expense, so the issue is that we do need a fault code. or else we can be changing and testing everything in the system for no reason. the issue is you need a scan tool that can read the suspension module (airmatic or abc depending on what you have) and get the fault codes. so you need to purchase or locate a scan tool, like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/262518634897?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

i have had a few customers get one like this and really like it. so let me know if you can get the codes read at a european shop, dealer, or get your own scan tool and i can get you fixed up. Lou P.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I will get it soon today or tomorrow and get back to you thanks again Kurt

ok Kurt, again i can get you fixed up on this, i am excellent with these systems and i take on almost everyone that comes to this site and the shop. so let me know what you get and i am here to help. i am on almost all day everyday except weekends i am on for short times, have to have some family time :)

but i get emails when you reply so give me time to reply and i will always reply sir. have a good sunday.

the only thing i have run into that the scanner may not be able to do a lot of is activation's, meaning that you can electronically activate items to test their functionality. so if you have a bigger better budget then visit www.mbstarshop.com

for the oem scanner, that one is the best.

any luck?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician