Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 1986 Mercedes 560sl. Having trouble raising the

Customer Question
soft top storage compartment. When...
I have a 1986 Mercedes 560sl. Having trouble raising the soft top storage compartment. When I unlock the center lock for the top it releases and the drivers side lock for the storage compartment unlocks but the passenger side lock for the storage compartment doesn't release. The soft top is up I'm trying to lower it into the storage compartment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 2 days by:
7/11/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the catch/latch on the passenger side does not release or release fully and can cause this here.This is usually a linkage issue with linkage needing adjusted to then operate properly.If you have an access hole you can try and manually release this latch/catch and see if this then allows it to open then adjust the passenger side linkage to where it operates properly from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would the access hole be? Can you describe the process of manually releasing the latch/catch?

Unfortunately I do not show this procedure myself on this here but someone else here might have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic