Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

01 320 ml code c1401 pump runs continuosly sometimes. yes

Customer Question

01 320 ml code c1401 pump runs continuosly sometimes .
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes comes back immediately.
JA: What year is your C240?
Customer: 01 320 ml
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing im assuming its the pump or relay. cheked brakes ok.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not at this point.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok relay 25 in the engine bay fuse box is for the pressure pump. the relay can be stuck on, pull the relay and the pump should stop. the issue is most likely a stuck relay. let me know if this helps, this is very common. Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

here is the location.

abs+pump+relay.png'),url('/img/attachment/na.png')">86116867-fe6b-4fe5-8acc-747344b5cb93_163 abs pump relay.png8611686...png