MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2003 Mercedes 500 SL. My top will not go up or

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercedes 500 SL. My top will not go up or down. I checked for hydraulic leaks found two. Ended up changing three hydraulic rams and the pump. The pump makes noise the trunk opens and that's it. Both side flapper arms are tight. Of course I took it to Mercedes-Benz they have no idea. Help!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Vince, can you tell me what happened at the dealer that they are no help? i can do what i can to help , i do a lot of hartop/softop issues with good success, it may take some time so patience is a must but i am here to help if you need/want help, thanks , Lou P.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help

ok :)

ill take that as a yes, so if you can tell me what happened at the dealer and also send me a few pictures of where the operation stops at so i can see the flaps and lid and roof?