Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have 1999benz e320 the driver and the passenger windows

Customer Question
good morning sir i...
good morning sir i have 1999benz e320 the driver and the passenger windows ,and the mirror wil not operate unless i disconnect the batterry and reconnected back than they will work temp for 1or 2 days can you tell what module caused that
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i replace both cdm nothing happened
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
7/1/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** fault can be caused by any one of the modules on the CAN-B network. The most common fault is the rear window modules. You will need to disconnect one module at a time until you locate the module that is bringing the CAN down. Locate the CAN bus connector under the carpet in the area of the right front door sill and do your testing from there. You can unplug one module at a time from the connector to locate the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Marty

I'm just following up on this question. I see that you have not rated my service. I do not get paid for helping you unless you click on a positive rating for my help. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Marty

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please call me (###) ###-####

Hi, I will be glad to call and help you with this but you will need to accept the additional service agreement for phone support.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician