Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

The steering wheel buttons in my 2013 Mercedes c300 is not

Customer Question

The steering wheel buttons in my 2013 Mercedes c300 is not working. Including turn signal, horn. what could be the problem and how much will it cost to fix it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to help with this problem.

The most likely suspect is a broken clock spring. That is a wound-up ribbon cable in a plastic housing under the steering wheel. The clue is there are multiple symptoms for multiple, unrelated systems that all have a circuit going through that ribbon cable. Eventually, as that cable continues to break, the Air Bag warning light will also turn on, and the computer will disable that system.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This should be covered under warranty so you can bring to the dealer and they should repair at no charge. Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Please rate the answer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.