Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My ac compressor is working but blowing hot air out the vents. The clutch is engaged and turning.

Customer Question
My ac compressor is working...
My ac compressor is working but blowing hot air out the vents
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi Richard, my name is***** do you know the compressor is working? Have you had pressure gauges on the high and low side fittings?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The clutch is engaged and turning. Hot air is coming out the vents. I tried to reset the climate control but the lights on the defrost and receive button never stop blinking

Okay, just because the clutch is turning it doesn't mean that the compressor is actually pumping. You should get pressure gauges connected to the system to see if the compressor is working. You may have a bad compressor or not enough refrigerant in the system. Resetting the system won't help if the compressor is engaged. You should also block off the hot water supply to the heater core to rule out a defective heater valve.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do the compressor suppose to run all the time

Yes, this compressor does not use a clutch. It uses a valve in the compressor to control the refrigerant flow. You need to get the refrigerant level checked and the system pressures checked. You might just need a recharge.

Hi Richard, I'm just following up with you on this question. You never rated my service therefore I never got paid for answering your question. If my answer was helpful I would appreciate it if you would rate my service so I can receive credit from the website.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician