sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

12 GL Bluetec...Hard starting in the AM Normal Temperature

Customer Question

12 GL Bluetec...Hard starting in the AM Normal Temperature outside. Almost like it is not getting enough fuel. Dealer had a code Cam Sensor. Replace it. Still doing it. I have a call into Tech to see if they cked rail pressure and did the injector check for leaks back. They want to do a timing chain and tensioner. PS I was a boat diesel mechanic 20 yrs ago and never replaced a timing chain...so I don't think this is the issue. Thoughts
JA: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?
Customer: 65
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 12 GL blue
JA: What year is your GL?
Customer: 12
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 12 GL Bluetec...Hard starting in the AM Normal Temperature outside. Almost like it is not getting enough fuel. Dealer had a code Cam Sensor. Replace it. Still doing it. I have a call into Tech to see if they cked rail pressure and did the injector check for leaks back. They want to do a timing chain and tensioner. PS I was a boat diesel mechanic 20 yrs ago and never replaced a timing chain...so I don't think this is the issue. Thoughts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now...
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A fuel issue will definitely cause a long crank time but if it's missing cam or crank signal or they are not in sync that will cause a long crank time also. It isn't out of the question that the timing chain could be stretched enough to cause a fault code and hard start.

Are there any fault codes setting currently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only code was the cam sensor which was replaced
What P code is currently setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just Cam Sensor which has been replaced

I need to know the P code number.