MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My merc a class 2008 diesel automatic, is whistling whilst

Customer Question

My merc a class 2008 diesel automatic, is whistling whilst driving?
JA: What size is your engine?
Customer: 2l
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: A Class 180 cdi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Send to garage, afraid of being ripped off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, drives perfectly. Full service history
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  piciu82 replied 1 year ago.

check charge pipes, and turbo charger resonator, Tahy known for air leaks, shop must pressure check intercooler and all turbo hoses, also they can do a smoke test, at hom eyou can ask somebody to power brake it, that means car on drive or reverse one foot on brake, second on gas, parking brake on for safety and wheel chocked, while engine is building boost you might be able to locate where whistle sound is coming from