Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

THE CONDENSOR FANS ARE NOT COMING ON WITHE A/C : EVACUATED

Customer Question
THE CONDENSOR FANS ARE NOT...
THE CONDENSOR FANS ARE NOT COMING ON WITHE A/C
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: EVACUATED AND RECHARGED
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2000 C-230
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: COOLING FAN CONROL RELAY ASSY,TEMP SENSOR, PRESSURE SWITCH
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: HIGH LOW SIDE READING
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Have you checked the fuses for the fans?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can power up the fans with my power probe and the will run

is it a kompressor?

I will pull up a wiring diagram

If the fuses are good, and the relay is good. The most common failure is the cooling fan control module. You could check the inputs and the outputs of the control module to verify that it needs to be replaced.

If the fuses are good and the relay is good the most common to fail is the cooling fan control module. You could check the inputs and the outputs of the module to verify it is bad. It should be attached to the cooling fans.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Itswimingpoollake is a brand new module from the dealer

when you hook it up to the scan tool can you see if the ac is on? can you activate the fans with the scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get my scanner hooked up and try

Yes, that will narrow things down.

you have 2 fan modules, one for the climate and one for the regular fans. Are you sure you replaced the correct module?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The one I replaced is in the drivers wheel well

do you have the part number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will try to get the number

the fan module is attached to the fan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
016_545_96_32

Sorry but you replaced the wrong module, your module has 5 pins, the one you need has 6 pins.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This car has a fan clutch in addition to the two auxiliary fans the auxiliary fans do not have a module built on to them.

the diagram says the ac fan has a 6 pin module for the ac, 5 pin for the engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have looked and looked for a six pin module nothing by the fans where is this six pin module

I am trying to find a location for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks so much

that looks like a 6 pin module

It is saying it is near the fans on the location.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help.

Thanks Dan

Dan, ASE Certified Technician